Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMyron Medcalf giving an A+ rant on Twitter.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2101116&mesg_id=2152991
2152991, Myron Medcalf giving an A+ rant on Twitter.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Mar-25-13 02:00 PM
@MedcalfByESPN: When Tubby took the job, Joel Maturi promised him a practice facility on the flight to Minneapolis. That was 2007. Not one shovel in ground.

@MedcalfByESPN: Teenagers don't care about the "nostalgia" of Williams Arena. It's an old building that's what they see.

@MedcalfByESPN: If Gophers don't build it, they will NEVER come. Program needs a facilities upgrade. Yesterday.

@MedcalfByESPN: Only reason you take this Gophers job is if you like money. And a lot of people do. If you want to build, go elsewhere. Not Minneapolis.

@MedcalfByESPN: The Gophers need so many additional resources to compete with the best teams in the Big Ten and the country. Limited investment.

@MedcalfByESPN: Fans will tell you that they love Gophers basketball. The diehards? Yes. Casual fans just pick the hottest of the four pro teams/college FB.

@MedcalfByESPN: You can get lost in Minneapolis. When the Gophers are good, everyone cares. When they're not, they go away. That's just how it is.

@MedcalfByESPN: I've covered multiple pregame MN press events solo. Not one TV camera. Not one other reporter. Just me. Why? Folks don't care that much.

@MedcalfByESPN: That's the truth. Gophers need to invest a lot of money to right the ship. I'm gone. Feel free to disagree.