Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRelax everyone. This will be the best WM in recent history.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2148985&mesg_id=2152089
2152089, Relax everyone. This will be the best WM in recent history.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Mar-23-13 09:55 AM
Punk and Taker WILL deliver, because that's just what they fucking do.

We all groan at Brock/Paul, but a No Holds Barred match is precisely what we DO want in a match with these two.

The Shield has a match, and they've been money every time out. They're facing:

-Sheamus, who NEVER has a bad match and in fact always has a damn good one.

-Orton, who even though many of you groan at, is perfect for such a match because anyone who has paid attention to his career would know, is at his best when things are personal. Oh, and with a heel turn being imminent with him, there's the chance they pull the trigger on it here or at least tease it.

-Show, who has had nothing but a bunch of perfectly executed feuds and matches for like the last 9 months.

I will be shocked if that doesn't deliver.

-Ryback/Henry won't quite be what we wanted Goldberg/Brock to be, but it will be a solid match.

-Dolph/Big E and Bryan/Kane. Does anyone really think this match will be worse than "pretty good", with two performers who are generational in ring talents, and a great big man in Kane? Big E will probably deliver too.

I guarantee the first three of those matches will be excellent, the 4th will be solid, while the 5th will be "pretty good" at worst.

Then we have Del Rio, who has good matches, vs Swagger. I think we'll have a good match with some interesting spots with Ricardo and Colter. I also predict a Dolph cash in. This will be a solid match at minimum, though it might well over-deliver.

I don't know what else is on the card aside from Rock/Cena, but all they have to do is do better than last year and they're straight. If they do what Dr Claw and I want them to do with this match, it'll be absolutely awesome. If not, well....

The WORST potential match on there is Del Rio/Swagger! That's a strong ass card.

Yes, the WM build went from great to WTF in like two weeks time, but who cares about the build when we're watching the event?

I understand the fears, but that's one of the best cards in recent memory. If we get the NOA vs Rhodes Scholars or a great Jericho match or Soda Popinsky vs anyone, hell, that's a nice ass undercard.

Based on the card itself, I predict this will finish in the top ten manias, and it could go higher.