Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectit was tough, but i like my team...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1935172&mesg_id=1936649
1936649, it was tough, but i like my team...
Posted by builtfromwax, Wed Mar-14-12 01:34 PM
PG - Steph Curry, 24 - for him to have the ball in his hands as much as he does, he don't have too many TOs. pick-n-roll with Ibaka? deadly. defensive liability tho'. but he got help in the paint with Ibaka and Hibbert.

SG - Nicolas Batum, 23 -- he playin' out of position. he really a SF. but at SG, he's long and could be a defensive nightmare for opponents. he can guard a PG, SG or SF. capable ball handler. can get to the rim. can hit a open shot. not quite the playmaker, but doesn't need to the ball to feel engaged.

SF - Kevin Durant, 23 -- you all ready know.

PF - Serge Ibaka, 22 -- he has a chance to better than Blake and Love. he only 22. very active shot blocker, rebounder. sometimes can get out of position, but normally plays under control. can hit an open 15-footer. pick-n-roll with Steph Curry would result in EASY buckets for either of 'em.

C - Roy Hibbert, 25 -- another shot blocker to patrol the paint. not as athletic as Ibaka. not quite the rebounder you'd want from your big either, but...he's more than capable of grabbin' a few boards. effective scorer in the paint. good passer from the block too; could come in handy when cutters like Durant or Batum go thru the lane.

this team has guys who can hit open shots (i.e. Curry and Durant) which will create space on the floor for the slashers (i.e. Batum and Durant). the bigs are skilled enough offensively to score, but not quite strong enough to command a double team. however, Hibbert is big enough to hold his position in the paint to get easy buckets which might cause the help from the weak side to slide on occasion. if he sees it, he can pass to the open man who has a high chance of knockin' down an open shot.

if Steph can keep the opposing PG in front of him, really hard to beat this team. if not, then switch him to guard the SG and use Batum for stretches to disrupt the opponents offensive. PGs who over penetrate would have to contend with two shot blockers in the paint. kickin' out could be a problem too b'cuz the wings are long and quick guys that like to play the passing lanes. they only concern would be Ibaka's over aggressiveness to commit to the ball and either block the shot or take a charge.

still, this a pretty tough team to beat.