Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectU Already Conquered Half The Problem ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=83663&mesg_id=83704
83704, U Already Conquered Half The Problem ...
Posted by PhotoSynthesis, Wed Dec-02-09 07:57 PM
>One problem I have with my writing is I lack depth of topics/storytelling ability/basic rhyming.

^Here^ you've already identified it.

If you're lacking depth, then you gotta dig deeper into topics that rise above the mediocre -- (the norm) ... *Read the Paper, Magazines, News Periodicals, World Events* -- Check on the Web and see what poppin' (((WORLDWIDE))) ... Not just the local gossip shyt*

Open your eyes to what's around you ... Sit on the bench at the mall and *people watch* ... keep a small notebook handy at all times -- and write down thoughts, ideas, visuals.

Be sure you got a Dictionary and/or a Thesaurus to help you later ... with basic rhyming ... (and spelling)

~ALSO~

Listen to a variety of styles. (CHECK ON YOUTUBE) ... You might have a very definite style in mind, but you can learn from every emcee. If you can rinse rhythms, beats & ideas from other sources, you might be able to bring something "new" to the scene rather than being an imitator of the big players.

*Chuckles* -- (Sez me -- One who don't even emcee)

(((Oh Well))) -- soundz good 2 me! -- :P