Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectexcerpt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=82331&mesg_id=82550
82550, excerpt
Posted by the_best_part, Tue Oct-20-09 07:47 PM
When a child is violently killed, a mother screams. Death is a natural occurrence in every life, but to die this way, for a mother to bury a child’s mangled, beaten and broken body…well that is the most unnatural thing imaginable. It is happening so often in our communities and it must stop. We cannot place blame on any one group or institution. It is collectively a failure of society at large, when the youth begin to kill one another.

The killers, who are they? Where are they from? Who are they being raised by? Who is loving them, not loving them, angering them, neglecting them, rejecting them? Why are they so angry? So violent? So careless? So lethal? What kind of sickness is in the mind of young men who can pick up wooden planks and beat the life out of a young man they don’t even know, who looks like them, lives in the same neighborhood as them, comes from the same circumstances as them? What is happening in our society that can propel a 16 year old boy to pull out a gun in broad daylight and start shooting into a crowded street? What darkness exists in the heart and mind of an 18 year old kid that possesses him to aim his vehicle at a boy that was known to be loving, generous and kind, and drive as fast as he could, strike him, and keep going, leaving him to die in the street?

I would like to know. What do they listen to? What music? What television shows? What conversations from men in their lives? Who are their fathers, their uncles, their grandfathers, their role models, their guides?

So many questions. Will learning the why lead to a cure for this sickness that is infesting the minds of our youth. Shouldn’t we just get right down to treating the sickness? Isn’t the cure the same no matter what the cause?

I think it all boils down to one rudimentary need. Love.

The mother’s are screaming. I am screaming. I am screaming for individuals in our communities to practice loving one another. I am screaming for us to have the unwavering desire to educate ourselves and our children. I am screaming for us all to show our neighbors love, because left unloved, they may become sick and kill you. I am screaming for the men in our community to become the enlightened so that they can enlighten others. I am screaming for the women in our community to become nurturers and teachers and rescuers of the lost. I am screaming for adults to look at EVERY child they come across as a child that deserves to be noticed. When you don’t notice a child, he may grow up to become the murderer of your own child. I am screaming for the blindness, the deafness, the ignorance to cease. NOW. Ending this sick and twisted way of life we have adapted as our own. I am screaming that this is not our nature. We are sick and only we can cure ourselves. I am screaming! from the small town in Texas that has seen more violent deaths of black men under the age of 25 since 2007 then in the previous 10 or 15 years combined. I am screaming for every child killed and every mother of every child. I am screaming for every child that kills and every mother of every one of them. I am screaming but, my voice is not so big.

If our community of black entertainers were to start screaming, lots of people will hear. If our government and community leaders were to start screaming, so many will hear. If our ministers, from every religious background, group, organization were to scream, they will be heard. If the screams come loud and from those in power, there will be solutions to these problems. Real screams fueled by real concern will bring about real change. Speaking of change, if the president of the united states was to scream, plan and implement. I don’t mean a plan to bring the Olympic games to Chicago. I mean a plan to save the youth, in turn, saving our society. Then, possible, there will be a change that matters. And we will stand up and say, yes we can. Until the issue of the violence is addressed, our society will continue to fail and crumble. It is much more than one boy killing another. It is one force of nature seeking to destroy the other.

http://asiaradiant.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F6D2E68BC62E809C!120.entry?&_c02_vws=1