Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectJust Come Tell A Story
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=82243&mesg_id=82243
82243, Just Come Tell A Story
Posted by blaksilence, Thu Oct-08-09 04:26 PM
from the back of your notebook...

or make it up in in the 'post' box as you go

doesn't have to make sense

nor end properly

1 line or a thousand

Just Add on a story

I'll do five or so of my own.

Behind me the sun spins or the moon does. Or, the world looks like Hades, or Heaven, or 45th Street in the snow.

We've gathered here to watch a jade burn, or a soul loose, or a 14 year old mother breast feed her child on a bench.

There's blood on the floor but I don't know where it's from. It can't be mine. I'm Superman. I read Balzac in the winter, Chekhov in the Summer.

I know Mozart, not sonically, but personally. I'm Superman. I call Balzac 'Ball sack' and no one stops me.

I turned 'Three Sisters' into 'Four Sisters' because I fucked it. And no one stopped me.

I can't leap a building in a single bound, nor run faster than a speeding bullet, but I'm Superman just the same.

My cape is red except that when I stepped out onto 45th street, I didn't have a cape.

There's blood on the street, blood on my back. But it isn't mine. It can't be.

I'm like Clark Kent when he's angry. I'm Clark Kent in a child support case with Lois Lane. I see red.

I see red like Picasso in 1905. I see a red armchair with a 14 year old mother breast feeding her child.

Iced roses glint upon her mouth, glint upon the snow.
Iced roses glint upon her mouth, glint upon the snow.

I stepped in front of the bullet but this blood isn't mine.

Red periods are for those with brushes.

I can quote Shakespeare in my dreams, but I don't know shit 'bout paint.

Whether 'tis nobler... to suffer the slings and arrows...(AND I DREAM...)
or to take arms against a sea of troubles...(AND I DREAM)

I took arms. I'm Superman, so I took steel arms and stepped in front of a boyfriend pointing a pistol at a 14 year old girl on 45th Street.

I'm on the ground now watching her breast feed her newborn on a bench.

I'm on the ground.

But this blood isn't mine.

.......................................................................................

p.s.

i know i'm supposed to be retired. forgive my little relapse. a nigga been reading Balzac (Na, my nigga, not ball sack. Google.)