Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectDivide and Conquer...WAKE UP!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=72321&mesg_id=72702
72702, Divide and Conquer...WAKE UP!!!
Posted by ThaAnthology, Thu Mar-13-08 09:39 AM
Divide and Conquer.

In the aftermath of the Ferraro hate melee, there is one question that continues to bother me. What are we, as a united culture, afraid of? There is no question that Barack Obama is an African-American. Just as there is no question that Hillary Clinton is a woman. These are indisputable facts. To say that Mr. Obama is in the position he is because of this indisputable fact is wrong, but not racist. To say that being African-American works in his favor is the same as saying Mrs. Clinton being a woman works in hers. These are indisputable facts. Blacks came out to support “their” candidate, just as woman came out to support “theirs”.

To be up-in-arms because someone reminded us of this is, as Mr. Obama said, ridiculous. At first, I too was ready to crucify the ex-vice presidential hopeful for her comments, but we must look past certain things if the change that Mr. Obama is fighting for will ever be achieved.

This election is about more than melanin and chromosomes. This election is about bringing our family home from a war that should never have taken place. It is about fixing the economic debacle our hard-working citizens face every day. Falling economy, rising gas prices, stagnant wages, higher cost of food, astronomical heath care costs for individual polices, deplorable educational structures in inner city facilities, homeless Americans and the influx of foreclosed homes, moral turpitude, big business monopolies within every facet of America to include the news we see and read, the music, movies and television programs we watch thus controlling what view we have of ourselves and the world around us. This election should be about bringing attention back to America, where it belongs.

Do we realize that Ferraro’s comments echo a feeling in America? Bill Clinton’s comments in South Carolina were not racist, they appealed to a certain climate. Remember, these people are politicians. A politician’s job is to communicate to the people. All these politicians were doing was exactly that. To see the “uproar” is to say that America is still blinded by sight and not lead by its collective heart.

This works directly in the favor of the Republican Party. While the Democrats bicker over color and body parts, the Republicans are formulating platforms to further divide their voters and conquer the White House.

I have heard people say “If Obama doesn’t get the nod, I’m not voting…” or “Because of all this race stuff in the Democratic Party, I’m going Independent”. The divide and conquer scenario is playing out perfectly and the Republicans haven’t had to do anything.

Is what Mrs. Ferraro said true? Perhaps. But for the same reasons Mr. Obama is where he is right now are the same reasons Mrs. Clinton is in the position she is. This election will be a historic one. That much is already true. For the first time, we have an African-American AND a woman Presidential hopeful. BUT, it can also be historic in the fact that we let cosmetics allow another republican regime to kill off more of its younger population through war, economic starvation, and total lack of understanding of what AMERCIANS need.

We are happily engaging in segregation and that is NOT the America I want for my son. So please, vote with your eyes closed and your minds open. Vote for the policies and procedures you think will get our soldiers home, re-boot our economy and save America for our children.

Enough separation. Enough Black versus White. Enough of the Republican Regime. We’re running out of time.