Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectRE: Feelings and Vibes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=72321&mesg_id=72572
72572, RE: Feelings and Vibes
Posted by PhotoSynthesis, Thu Mar-06-08 12:16 AM
I had a conversation with a co~worker today -- (Mexican-American female) -- She was all apologetic about Obama not gettin' Texas support. He was here in S.A. last night but I was already @ home in my P.J.'s by the time he showed up at the rally (after 10:00pm)

She said she was afraid for Obama -- so she didn't vote for him, cuz she was afraid he might get assassinated -- *Huh? -- Wha?*

I dunno, but that seems like a pretty lame excuse if you ask me / and I told her so too! -- *rolls eyes* -- I mean, it may be true at some point in time, but I don't see it as a valid reason for not voting for him, THIS go 'round!

I shared something that was forwarded to me in email -- with her:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crispus Attucks, a black man became the first to fall in the Revolutionary War:

Crispus fell, so Rosa Parks could sit.

Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther King, Jr. could march.

Martin Luther King, Jr. marched so Barack Obama could run.

Barack is running so our children can FLY!

*author unknown*

Then I explained something that made her think:

We as a people ... BLACK people have had to suffer racism, bigotry, discrimination, segregation, etc., etc. -- dealing with a lack of civil rights thru separate water fountains, separate & inferior schools, separate bathrooms, back of the bus mentalities, cross burning by KKK's in homes, churches, etc. ..... lynchings, jail, constant intimidation & threats ... you name it!

After "we" marched, boycotted, stayed in jail for nights on end, and suffered inhumanities for our civil rights & even died -- and once our rights were recognized -- DOORS WERE OPENED, NOT ONLY FOR THE "BLACK MAN" -- BUT FOR ~ALL~ MINORITIES TO WALK THROUGH -- *Hispanics, Indian Americans, Asians, etc.*

But "WE" opened the door -- through OUR sacrifices. We opened it so Everybody Else could go through it!

Now ...

Barack Obama is opening the door -- *Whether he wins or not* -- for other races to RUN for the presidency.

I mean -- There has NEVER been anyone else "but" WHITES running for President in the past. THIS IS HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!!!

I would love to see an Indian American running for President -- Hell, they were here FIRST before anybody! And how 'bout a Mexican American running for President, huh? And of course, I wanna see my African American Brothers in the White House as Presidents -- *No Doubt*

But Obama set the precedence -- He is the catalyst to keep the ball rolling.

And for that -- I am very proud! -- :D