Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectRE: Sign yo name!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=70536&mesg_id=72960
72960, RE: Sign yo name!
Posted by AfternoonDelight, Thu Mar-27-08 03:58 PM
Let me introduce myself...AfternoonDelight aka Toota. Toota is a family and High School used Nickname. We won't go into the meaning behind it!
I attended the High School of Art and Design-back in the '70's! I am an artist by nature and by trade. I started the illustration side of my talent by drawing pictures on the wall of my childhood bedroom. Oh, I was born and raised in The Bronx aka Da Bronx. In Junior High there were specialized classes for those with certain talents. This included as follows the brainy kids, the bratts aka bullies, the music talents and of course the art class.
In High School I majored in Illustration and Advertising. As the years went by I found that I had many hidden artistic talents. So I introduce myself as a graphic artist, painter-love those oils, craft artist, jewelry designer, seamtress, web page designer, dancer-yes I let loose on the dance floor "back in the day", poet. It is the poetry side I wish to share here in Okayplayer.
I'm posting my poems for the enjoyment of the reader.
Be Blessed and Loved!