Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectmary, from new jersey now in san francisco, poet/writer/musician/artist
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=70536&mesg_id=70618
70618, mary, from new jersey now in san francisco, poet/writer/musician/artist
Posted by marywalsh, Tue Oct-16-07 12:31 AM
i write cause i have too many words in my head. they spill out in the morning when i put on my clothes and stream of consciousness pours down the drain of the shower i sing my words and daydream about rapping and singing onstage to fresh new beats made of a bass guitar and a drum machine. i write cause i have too many words in my head. they spill out sometimes reading fat and ugly and the more i push em in the more they manifest in the counting of calories so i concentrate on other things like rhymes and basslines. i'm the white girl who says hip hop changed her life. it's kinda funny i used to listen to jam bands but i wasn't feeling the drugs now i listen to rap music but i'm not feeling the thugs. i keep it versatile listening to rap rock and roul reggae jazz and soul rhythm and blues and i make my own too. if ya wanna listen i can send you a song i'm tryin to start a myspace but this upload form is takin way too long.

constructive criticism and flattery are always nice.