Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectGood Post Ezzy!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=65674&mesg_id=65766
65766, Good Post Ezzy!
Posted by PhotoSynthesis, Thu Mar-22-07 11:03 PM
*Very Good* -- :D

Tho I'm "not" a battlecat, I know what I like to read innna battle, nahmean?

What turns me on is a clean~crisp~intellectual battle -- A clever battle of wits & wisdom -- with a touch of street!

Everything counts -- SPELLING -- PUNCHLINES -- METAPHORS -- SIMILES -- GRAMMAR -- CADENCE, etc.

The crispness comes in with a snappy, braggadocious personna -- laced with witty -- *OH SHIT, NO HE / SHE DIDN'T* -- humor!

To me, sloppy~ness in spelling, grammar, punchlines, rhyme~scheme, cadence, etc. warrants demerits, points taken off the entire flow.

~PLUS~

It's not necessary -- (I guess) -- but if you can flow a battle "verbally" ((OUT LOUD))) -- and it rocks with rhythm & head nods -- extra bonus points are in order in my book -- :9

The reason I say ^this^ is cuz I've seen lyrics that LOOK tight/SOUND tight *written* -- (But they're kinda long in length) -- So if you try to flow it orally, it don't fit in ya mouf right -- *U can't SPIT it without squinching the words or tryna say em' real fast* -- (Don't ask me what "squinchin'" means, just use your imagination) -- *chuckles*

And if you drag yo nasty sweaty balls/nuts or dick juice on da flow -- I AIN'T READIN' IT!!! -- *ewwwwwwww* -- :P

Besides, what if a girl is battling -- What does she drag across her flow to "supposedly" make it iLL? -- *hmmmmmmm*