Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectHUNGRY, DRIVEN ARTISTS WANTED!! (i'm opening my vaults..)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=65255&mesg_id=65255
65255, HUNGRY, DRIVEN ARTISTS WANTED!! (i'm opening my vaults..)
Posted by cHarlie_maTic, Wed Mar-14-07 09:28 AM
CALLING ALL MC'S, SINGERS, POETS FROM PHILLY, CALI, DETROIT, CHICAGO, NYC, ATL, LONDON, DENMARK, PARIS, JAPAN, NETHERLANDS, GERMANY, AND EVERYWHERE ELSE..

peace to haji rana pinya for inspiring this... (the "how hungry are you" post in MTM)

aiight ya'll, simply put.. i got low patience - and i hate waitin.. i have "management" (if u wana call it that) that's supposed to be finding me work, but i'm finna take matters into my own hands for real...

i'm tryna to put together a series of mixtape compilations featuring my music as the soundtrack for YOU to get off on. i have over 400 beats in my arsenal, all different styles, that i seriously believe need to be heard & i'm tired of waitin for people to make it happen for me. as well, i know there are several talented hungry artists with little to no outlets to be heard & i'm feelin like we can help each other..

so yea here it is.

*sands on soapbox*

*ahem*

D.J. dot.|maTic presents.. "Representin Is" - Vol. 1

i'm looking for mc's, singers, poets, & possibly turntablists, both national AND international to rock on my ish. respond HERE - post up a link to your music.. i'll check for you & u can check for me - if we vibe, cool.. we can get it in. if i'm feelin you and dont already have a track i feel would fit your style, I'LL MAKE ONE. (it's not a game people.. i been on that Kanye-five-beats-a-day-for-three-summers-clip lately). once all is said & done, i'll either compile it myself or hook up with one of my DJ peoples to do the honors for me.

the criteria?

1) be hot. be hungry. be driven. this project IS going to happen, with or without you, (as i already have several local cats on board) but i feel alot of what cats are puttin down on this site & have been for years, so i came to ya'll wit it first. (i've already done work with mr. wiz, tanya morgan & a few others in the past & enjoyed the results) i think the whole "representin is" idea would be hot on a we-are-the-world type level

2) be available via internet to fileshare the music back & forth... this scenario will work best if you have some kind of recording software on your end, even if you're local (im in the philly area), mainly because of my personal schedule.. i'll be mixing and compiling ish at really weird hours to get it done on time.

3) be open. like i said, i have a lot of different styles under my belt & i might send you some way out there stuff, but give it a listen before you say you cant bang with it!

this is a completely underground project - hell, vol. 1 will probably be given away free (as it will be a demo of sorts for me), but at the end of the day, you'll get copies of the product, including all appropriate credits, as well as the right to use (y)our track on whatever upcoming projects you might have. rest assured on my end, the project WILL be heard by people (dj's, a&r's, etc.) who have the means to make some real shit happen. they're just waiting on my material...

deadlines will be posted soon, based on the responses i get here.

check my soundclick & myspace pages for some examples of my music.. some of the tracks you'lll hear are already spoken for, but if you hear something you like, dont hesitate to ask for it - like i said, not only is it a mixtape project, but i may have other tracks in my catalog with a similar vibe

this could be a win-win, ya'll. after all - what u got to lose?

add on, son

peace

m