Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectThe Exchange
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=61282&mesg_id=61282
61282, The Exchange
Posted by marijane, Tue Oct-17-06 01:37 PM
Excuse me Miss.... (Jay-Z ruined that question as the song rang in Torra's ears)

Kim turned and was startled by a set of blaringly-bright yet obviously fake blue eyes staring intently at her and greeted the handsomely attractive woman with a smile and a " yes ma'am?"

The heavily accented question came out sounding a little too much like "yes man" and Torra pondered. Man? What is this 94? Do I LOOK like Flava Flav? She thought

Trying to ignore her irritation, she looked the women square in her triangles of eyes and said with tight lips "I was here on Thursday and asked for light red hair..." YOU gave me BLONDE!

Kim looked into the florecent lights for better recolection." Sursdee? Noo me. I no wuk Sursdees. Pwus brond hay go goo wit bwoo eye"

Torra was lividly pensive. Hmm... WAS the Asian woman right for assuming? What would her her defense be...really? Had she too been assuming thinking THIS tiny raven-haired woman was the same she had seen days before? Did she REALLY think the woman called her a man trying to be hip to her Blackness or did she subconciously know all along the woamn was trying to be polite? "Sorry maybe it wasn't you. but can I have the right color hair please?"

Kim quietly handed the pretty Black woman the red hair with thoughts in her eyes.

The blonde WOULD have looked better in her opinion

www.myspace.com/marijaneraps