Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectI heard you sis. You *know* I did lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=58764&mesg_id=73660
73660, I heard you sis. You *know* I did lol
Posted by ThaAnthology, Wed Apr-23-08 08:30 AM
As far as pieces go, I've been writing more blog work so the creative pen hasn't flowed in a minute. I come through, up pieces, read work but I'm always open to ideas you all have for us. This board is ours ya'll. If it lulls it's because we're not sharing with each other. We're not building the community up as much. There are a lot of new writers here, but not a lot of them are posting. They hit up the welcome thread, but no posts...

The Veterans are here, as well as the new writers. We should be getting to know each other...

With that said (I hope you're cool with this K) I have read the comments and *cracks knuckles* as of May 2008, the Artists of The Month will return. There's a rule this time (lol), Know One and I will choose the artist. We will let you know a week in advance via inbox, (so check ya boxes). You can add as many pieces to your thread as you want. Please comment, whether a critique, a shoutout or an "it moved me" blurb. People love to share, but love to hear from those who have read at the same time.

There will be a battle tourney also starting in may. Inbox either Know One or me so we can have the names.

We need 12 emcees!!! We will bracket them (like NCAA) each week for the month of May we will thread one "regional battle (4 emcees giong at it) each week we will have two winners.

In june, the first week will feature the winners of round 1 going at it. Second week, second round etc. July we will have the semis and finals! So yeah... step ya game up! Winners will be chosen from the board so no playing favorites.

If you are a photog freestyler, inbox Me. If I have enough artists willing, I will thread a photog showcase. Poets/emcees can respond in those threads with comments, critiques, or pieces evoked from the feeling the photos give off. I'm going to post this reply again and anchor it so folk can see.

Know One, I'm a inbox you in a moment fam.

Freestyle family, you've spoken and your mods hear you.

Now, I can do a million threads, but if you THE BOARD don't participate, the threads will fail. So I'm asking you to be as involved with this place as we want to be with you!

Life is life, but art is life as well!

Fah.