Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectswarm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=58544&mesg_id=58544
58544, swarm
Posted by invisible ink, Mon Jul-17-06 02:39 PM
“savannah put your head down” drips of sweat from her mothers face rain dropped on to her forehead. her neck made a cracking sound as her mama shoved her down into the folds of her dress. mama’s nails dug into her smooth baby oiled skin, while the road was maneuvered with minimal vision. “bullets don’t sound like firecracka’s”, savannah thought to herself. to her they felt like bees grazing her arms during summers spent in big ma’s yard. she attempted to swat the bullets away once or twice, but her mother slapped her hand down. “whatchu doin’ chile? i ain’t got time to mess witchu”.

“ain’t nobody gone have you if i cain’t georgia lee. you hear me? i swear before god i’ll love you in death than have somebody else lovin’ you.” savannah’s daddy was shoutin’ and runnin’. the gun was black and made up like one of the water guns she and daddy played water tag with. but wasn’t no water in this one. savannah wish there was water. she was hot and could feel a pinch on her thighs and then on her neck. the bees had come.

her mama all of a sudden felt heavy and let go of the steering wheel. “daddy”, she shouted. “stop playin’ tag. mama’s getting heavy and I don’t wanna play no mo’." Her dress had pretty red flowers blooming across her right side. The bees were still comin’.

She watched crimson cover the polka dots until she couldn’t fight the tired no more.