Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board
Topic subjectRE: oops
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=60909&mesg_id=61161
61161, RE: oops
Posted by Organic, Fri Oct-13-06 05:30 PM
I agree- I certainly don't mean to come off as pro-cigarettes! I think smoking is fucked up and the tobacco companies are evil. I have to stop this whole replying thing because that's how this is going to come off- you can't reply to a post about how smoking is awful and escape without seeming pro-tobacco (which I'm not). I'm not pro-tobacco, but I was trying to point out that smoking weed has negative health effects also. That's it, no more no less.

I think weed has important medicinal benefits- I come from a place where many people use it appropriately to treat medical conditions- so I do understand its value and usefulness. Does anyone know if tobacco had medicinal uses as well? I know it's sacred to native peoples, but I'm not sure what the medicinal properties are, other than as a mild astringent to wash wounds and to calm (like chammomile).

Anyway, I guess abuse of anything will tip the balance of health and contribute to our demise. We should all do what we can to honor ourselves and each other- and keep that second hand smoke out of each others' faces.