Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthat would be Eightball, correct?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=80036&mesg_id=81747
81747, that would be Eightball, correct?
Posted by buckshot defunct, Mon Aug-01-05 11:05 PM
I'm just getting started on the guy (Finished Ghost World like an hour ago. Loved every single panel of it) From what I understand- most, if not all of his published stuff originated in Eightball. Correct? Ghost World, Art School Confidential, and much to my surprise Ice Haven was apparently taken from Eightball as well. Is the guy currently making comics or is he just re-publishing the old stuff?

I see that Fantagraphics seems to be selling individual issues of Eightball (at least some of them). I think I'm gonna order that 20th Century Eightball collection and go from there.

How would you rate his works? Anything that stands out as his 'best'? Or 'worst'?

And the guy used to do stuff for Cracked magazine as well? I'll have to sift through some of my old issues next time I'm back home. His style looks familiar and I think I was reading Cracked around the same time he would have been in there.

But yeah, I think this guy is gonna be my new comic book obsession for a while. So any and all knowledge you can dispense upon me would be greatly appreciated.