Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectOh shit! You bought that...?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=80036&mesg_id=80345
80345, Oh shit! You bought that...?
Posted by FrankEinstein, Fri Jul-29-05 08:16 AM
(i mean, i bought Mike Allred's movie
>and it was... er, enjoyable. but... you know!)

I was collecting everything Mike Allred for at least 13, 14 years. The earliest editions of "Madman" are what really got me into seriously reading and seeking out good, alternative comics. "Madman" lead to "Jimmy Corrigan/Acme", which lead to "Hate", "Hate" lead to "Eightball", "Eightball" lead to "Love & Rockets", and so on and so on and so on...

But Allred's new goddamn thing, this 12 part illustrated Book of Mormon...well, more power to him I guess, but I just can't do it. It was a strange feeling though, seeing a new Allred book, excitedly grabbing it off the shelf, flipping through it and checking it out, and......putting it back.

It had to happen at some point, I suppose.

But I have never seen his movie...I've only heard terrible, terrible things about it...how is it? Watchable in a kitschy, MST3K sort of way? I'd sort of forgotten about it, but now I'm thinking I should track it down while I still can...

Los Bros Hernandez will always get my money though, no matter what they decide to do.