Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectHit Man (Richard Linklater, 2024)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=750331
750331, Hit Man (Richard Linklater, 2024)
Posted by bwood, Thu Apr-18-24 04:40 PM
Really enjoyed this. Shame this is going straight to Netflix. A fun romantic comedy where it gets messy real quickly.

Glenn Powell has the juice. He co-wrote, produced, and stars in this. He does a lot in this movie and it's all great. Dude's also a really nice guy too.

I hope Criterion puts this out. This is movie I'm gonna wanna throw on from time to time (I don't have Netflix).
750508, Really, really good
Posted by navajo joe, Fri Jun-07-24 08:11 PM
I wasn't on the Glenn Powell train but I sure am now. Great cast top to bottom and it's very fun, very smart, dark romantic comedy.

I'm still thinking about the ending and I'll definitely be revisiting this in time.
750510, I really enjoyed that.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-09-24 12:10 PM
in the old days Glen Powell would've been a megastar that dude has been good in everything ive seen him in.

also Adria Arjona is hot as fuuuuck
750512, Gave me Barry vibes
Posted by rdhull, Sun Jun-09-24 04:04 PM
It’s good in its own right though.
750514, I appreciated the big distinction
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Jun-09-24 08:39 PM
because I just figured it was gonna be some kind of rehash of barry or gross pointe blank, but...
750513, good times
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Jun-09-24 07:20 PM
Adria 😍
750526, Adria's the star, tbh.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-10-24 05:09 PM
I liked this a good deal, and I'm definitely on the Powell train, but man alive, Arjona really elevates this movie the second she steps onto the screen. Immediate Best Supporting Actress candidate, personally.
750530, I was talking to a DP about films where the camera makes you fall in love
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Jun-11-24 11:31 AM
with it's female lead. This is a perfect example of it.

This is actually the sexist movie I have seen in a long time. Like Out of Sight sexy.

NGL, it's kinda wish fulfillment/fantasy about what it's like to date a hot-blooded Latina. A little crazy, very sexy, and capable of also being the perfect wife/mother.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
750531, she reminded me of Madeleine Stowe in Stakeout
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jun-11-24 11:37 AM
in fact in a lot of ways this movie is just Stakeout

but she has a way about her that you can easily see why he's willing to risk it all. and it's beyond just her looks because you can't just stick any gorgeous actress in there and expect the same result