Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Boys Season Four trailer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=749539
749539, The Boys Season Four trailer
Posted by Numba_33, Sat Dec-02-23 02:10 PM
https://youtu.be/F9U-yoJbgWs?si=PvK-3CZ6kMj0xfeb
750638, Forgot I made this post.
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Jul-11-24 07:49 AM
Curious what folks think of this season so far.

I have to imagine if folks were sick and tired of the political satire from prior seasons, this one will be a tough watch.

I hope next week's episode will have some decent consequences for some of the major characters, especially since next season will be the last one.
750642, 3 or 4 eps in... meh
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Jul-11-24 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind the political stuff if it was at all interesting or clever. it just feels like a crutch... oh look, the proudboy incels are into weird gay stuff. amazing.

I've stopped caring about just about everyone. The new smart girl (I forget her name) seems like a decent add. The other firecracker chick is ok but a but generic
750639, It's still funny, but I'm annoyed by almost every character now
Posted by stylez dainty, Thu Jul-11-24 12:42 PM
This season it's like they're trying to even make me dislike Mother's Milk and Kimiko. But it's mostly my beef with almost every streaming show nowadays where they just seem to be dragging out the pay off for a storyline that should have been one season long.
750641, Been trying to pinpoint my issue with this season and I think you nailed it
Posted by pretentious username, Thu Jul-11-24 02:36 PM
>This season it's like they're trying to even make me dislike
>Mother's Milk and Kimiko. But it's mostly my beef with almost
>every streaming show nowadays where they just seem to be
>dragging out the pay off for a storyline that should have been
>one season long.

I’m only like 3 eps into this season, but it feels like they’re just plodding along through the story beats without much consideration to “would this character actually do this?” I’d say 3 seasons would have been perfect to get everything in and now it feels like it’s dragging.

Also, do all these episodes need to be nearly movie length? Cut these down to 40-45 and it’s a much easier watch.
750643, it's feeling like a chore
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Jul-11-24 04:09 PM
which to me is insane because when it came out it felt like one of the most fresh, fun, unique shows around

I agree. 3 seasons and this goes out as something special

750644, I'm only watching for the sake of completion
Posted by wrecknoble, Thu Jul-11-24 07:19 PM
but yea all these characters are getting annoying in their own ways

and whatever Erin Moriarty (Starlight) did to her face is so hard to ignore - she looks like a skeleton :(
750645, I definately felt this way
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Jul-12-24 07:49 AM
>But it's mostly my beef with almost
>every streaming show nowadays where they just seem to be
>dragging out the pay off for a storyline that should have been
>one season long.

after the end of the seventh episode. I felt like I was stuck in dramatic inertia when the episode ended, even though there was some progress for some of the plot points. I mainly hope there will be some steady and well earned consequences for the major characters after the end of the next episode.
750661, How many folks here watched the season finale?
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Jul-18-24 03:41 PM
The episode on its own was much better than the prior 3 or 4, so it was good for the show to end on a good note. There was the reintroduction of one character that bothered me a bit, but I'll wait until more folks watch the episode before I reveal who I'm referring to.

Overall, this season was pretty disappointing. Way too many references to political events which seemed to have weighed the show down too much to tell interesting storyline.

Now I'm curious how Gen V will be since that'll air before the season five of The Boys.

I can't imagine what the social media accounts for the show runners and actors/actresses are like given how much the show took an open overt deuce on right-winged individuals.
750663, I "watched" it, if you can call
Posted by wrecknoble, Mon Jul-22-24 10:03 AM
setting up a new phone while the episode played in the background and missing pretty much all of the dialogue and action, "watching" the episode

lol - I don't know what happened except for the final scenes and I don't even care to go back and try and understand wtf was going on
750664, Who knows how I'll feel when next season premieres but...
Posted by stylez dainty, Mon Jul-22-24 11:01 AM
Right now I feel like I'm out. They just refuse to pull the trigger on any major plot developments (i.e. killing major characters off, having them stay dead etc.) It feels like musical chairs with the characters and their arcs, but they're not willing to remove any chairs.