Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectInside Out 2 (Kelsey Mann, 2024)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=749410
749410, Inside Out 2 (Kelsey Mann, 2024)
Posted by bwood, Thu Nov-09-23 09:19 AM
https://youtu.be/VWavstJydZU?si=RhCOOvqdMVsW8uDH
749411, Feels like Pixar has been doing films conceptually similar to
Posted by soulfunk, Thu Nov-09-23 09:50 AM
Inside Out for a while now (Soul, Turning Red, Elemental, etc) so makes sense that they’d do a sequel. First one was great. We’ll see on this one.
749430, Prt 1 is my fav Pixar movie...
Posted by KnowOne, Fri Nov-10-23 04:26 PM
so I was initially upset when I heard about the sequel. But the soon as I saw it featured anxiety! OMG Im all in!
749465, oh hell yeah
Posted by jdub1313, Tue Nov-14-23 03:36 PM
anxiety about to fuck some shit up. leggo!
750533, It's great!
Posted by bwood, Wed Jun-12-24 10:07 AM
Saw this shit last night

Look, it's not as good as the first one, but it still rules!

I see why Amy Poehler said this could be the next UP documentary series where we follow Riley at different stages of her life as this opens up the world quite a bit while still feeling intimate.

All the new emotions rule! Don't want to get into it as this is something y'all should discover on your own.

My screening was in Dolby Cinema last night and it had the house shaking! Highly recommend IMAX, Dolby, or another premium format. Gonna check out a 3D showtime next weekend.

And yes, there's a post-credits scene.
750552, this was extra dope watching with my 13 year old daughter
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jun-17-24 12:28 PM
Every few minutes she’d look at me and say “shut up!” because she/we are in the thick of all of that.

So watching something together where she felt like everything was speaking directly to her current lived experience was awesome.

Naturally I recognized a lot of it in myself, both from childhood and the moments where we saw the parents own inner emotional dialogue.

But it definitely hit different watching with her.

Pixar is always at it’s best when it hits close to home.

And I definitely need two more over the next 10-12 years:

-Riley going to college (or whatever young adult adventure)
-Riley starting a family
750562, I know Pixar rarely does stories featuring adults
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sat Jun-22-24 11:15 PM
However, featuring adults helps normalize the idea of animation as legitimate cinema for adults or at least make it more mainstream.

Plus, we don't see a lot of stories about mental health, much less about a more-or-less normal representation of it.

I'd buy a ticket to a story about the internal madness a parent feels when starting a family.
750563, I think this would be a case where an exception would be obvious though
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jun-23-24 08:39 PM
>However, featuring adults helps normalize the idea of
>animation as legitimate cinema for adults or at least make it
>more mainstream.
>
>Plus, we don't see a lot of stories about mental health, much
>less about a more-or-less normal representation of it.
>
>I'd buy a ticket to a story about the internal madness a
>parent feels when starting a family.

Agreed on the above

But I think this is a story that could have long legs with additional stories following Riley into adulthood. I think it would make perfect sense as the core audience- and their parents- would literally grow up with her.

IMO it's rare case of a franchise with potential sequels that are both a license to print money and has a natural, even desirable reason to make them.
750803, I thought it was just 'ok'
Posted by handle, Sun Aug-25-24 11:11 PM
Saw it at like 4:30pm in almost the smallest theatre in the multiplex.

I guess the first one was almost so perfect that I was hoping for something like Toy Story 3, or at least Toy Story 2 - but it did not top the original.

Glad to hear Ron Funches's voice!

I think it was 'ok' but hockey camp trials was not as compelling as running away from home to me.

Also there were some little kids there, I'm not sure how much the 4 year old got out of this. I think maybe it's better suited for 10 year olds and older.

Didn't realize this made more money than Deadpool & Wolverine.