Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBillions series finale
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=749280
749280, Billions series finale
Posted by Sponge, Mon Oct-23-23 03:14 PM
Anyone here still watching? Last episode in a few days.

I actually like the expansion in scope in principle, but find what we watch underwhelming.

My main gripe is that Chuck and Wendy, while major characters plot-wise, are minor compared to Mike Prince. Even with Axe as the central figure back then, it felt like a Axe-Chuck-Wendy series. Now, it just feels like a Mike Prince series even with the "3" of them versus "him" dynamic. (More people on both sides.) Moreover, I think Corey Stoll is a mediocre actor. Just makes it worse.

I mean, even at its best, Billions was never a top tier series. A lot of it is so-bad-it's-funny/good. Entertaining enough for me to watch 7 seasons worth, tho.
749292, I fell off a couple seasons ago
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Oct-24-23 01:57 PM
I don't even remember what was going on. Wendy was dating an art dealer or something

I might wrap it up at some point. Show was always enjoyable enough
749314, RE: I fell off a couple seasons ago
Posted by Sponge, Fri Oct-27-23 01:40 PM
That was season 5. I like that season more than 6 and 7 lol. Don't think Malin Akerman had any screen time from that point up to now.

There are 3 or 4 spinoff series planned as of June. Haven't seen any updates, recently.
749295, Yeah i wanted a final season of Axe Vs Chuck...
Posted by High Society, Wed Oct-25-23 04:56 AM
unless this final episode sees Chuck & Mike double crossing Axe and Axe finally going down.

I just thought of that writing this lol.
749315, RE: Yeah i wanted a final season of Axe Vs Chuck...
Posted by Sponge, Fri Oct-27-23 01:41 PM
Finale is already up on the Showtime app.