Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Meg 2: The Trench (Ben Wheatley, 2023)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=748031
748031, The Meg 2: The Trench (Ben Wheatley, 2023)
Posted by bwood, Mon May-08-23 06:05 PM
FUCK! YES! I'm 3D-ing this motherfucker!

How'd they get Ben Wheatley to direct this?!

https://youtu.be/dG91B3hHyY4
748038, But will it be better than The Black Demon?
Posted by stylez dainty, Tue May-09-23 11:31 AM
Brings a tear to my eye to think two giant shark movies will be in theaters in one year.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't expect either to be good--I'm guessing a giant shark movie will always be better in theory than practice.
748040, U fuck with the first one.
Posted by bwood, Tue May-09-23 07:16 PM
It was exactly the movie I expected it to be. Nothing more, nothing less
748043, Was fun to see in theaters, but still disappointing.
Posted by stylez dainty, Tue May-09-23 11:38 PM
I was hoping it would be closer to the level of Deep Blue Sea, quality-wise. But it had a hard time building any suspense after the first half or so, even on a superficial, say Anaconda, level. As much as I love the idea (and look) of the giant sharks, it might just be a harder fit to build good set pieces around them.

But I'll at least stream any shark movie that seems like it has a capable effects teams working on it, so I'm sure I'll watch this one (and Black Demon) sooner or later.
748792, Not good
Posted by bwood, Thu Aug-03-23 05:44 AM
Rewatched the first over the weekend and forgot how bland it was. Devoid of personality across the board.

Same goes with this one. Except Ben Wheatley is a better director than Jon Turtletaub.

Was laughing at it. Not with it.

Shame on WB for putting out a movie that features quite possibly the worst CGI in a movie released in theaters.
748793, I'm sorry but the difference from the first post to this is hilarious
Posted by navajo joe, Thu Aug-03-23 08:40 AM
Sorry, man. You were ready and they failed you.
748860, I liked it!
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Aug-14-23 06:06 PM
Obviously silly as shit but way better than the reputation it's getting at places like Rotten Tomatoes. The back half is a great deal of fun imo.