Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah, Twin Peaks S3 and Better Call Saul season 6 are clear influences.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747902&mesg_id=748027
748027, Yeah, Twin Peaks S3 and Better Call Saul season 6 are clear influences.
Posted by stravinskian, Mon May-08-23 02:57 PM
And I'm not mad at all, since those are my favorite seasons of two of my all time favorite shows.

I saw some talk online that Hader sat in in the writers room for BCS season 6. I didn't read details because I was avoiding spoilers at the time. The time-jump, for one thing, would have been a really big spoiler that they must be planning to contrast with BCS in some way.

I have a feeling we'll be back to some amount of overt comedy for the closing episodes. For one thing, Gene's back, and you can't have Gene for long without some great comedy ensuing.

I think this first post-time-jump episode just had to be especially austere to get the audience to feel the narrative weight. That said, I liked the more Lynchian elements and I feel like great shows should end how their creators want them to end, so I'll enjoy it regardless.