Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Super Mario Bros. Movie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747767&mesg_id=747767
747767, The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Posted by bwood, Thu Apr-06-23 09:31 AM
Look, this is a movie clearly made for 10 year olds and younger, so I'm not entirely mad at it. One of the rare instances where I wish it was longer so it could yell a story. Something this has no interest in doing.

I mean when 2 live-action SONIC THE HEDGEHOG movies actually care about telling a story with characters you care about, then there's no excuse.

But if you're over the age of 14 and legit try to tell me that this is a good movie cause it hits all the nostalgia points and Easter eggs, you gotta grow up beloved.

The ONLY part I actually enjoyed was the Mario Kart sequence. Other than that, your movie I'd weak sauce when the villain, Bowser, and the sidekick, Toad, are the best characters. Luigi is completely sidelined here and turned into a HUGE wimp. His turn to action hero at the end was very sudden and barely works.

Take your kids to see DUNGEONS & DRAGONS instead. This will be on Peacock by May 15th. Sure, this looks great but it's definitely an Illumination movie.