Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectoverall great finale....a few thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747683&mesg_id=748226
748226, overall great finale....a few thoughts
Posted by sevencents, Mon May-29-23 08:24 PM

Shiv underselling Tom to Matsson by saying he was competent but a pushover, inadvertently made a great pitch to make him the CEO.

Tom 'wins' with the CEO position...but how sustainable or long term could the role of 'pain sponge' be? If there was a season 5, Tom would be facing some major heat by episode 3 at the latest.

Kendal being told by his dad that he's not qualified to be CEO because he's not a killer, only to later be told by his sister that he's not qualified because he IS a killer, was a perfect cycle of irony. chef's kiss.

Where was Martha at the board meeting? She had a seat and the premiere episode was Logan trying to get the kids to sign papers that would give her two votes when he died. Did that no go thru? Did she give up her seats?

I appreciate how the show ends on a somewhat realistic note...none of the Roy kids really had much growth or reflection. The circumstances around them changed, they never really did.

They were all fascinating characters to follow, and it was a strange feeling to occasionally find myself rooting for things to work out or feel some empathy for them....but the anti-Capitalist in me was kind of hoping that they'd face a much more brutal ending...they're all broken, but will continue to be wealthy, cold and entitled.

when Cousin Craig was on screen, I knew I'd be entertained. Seeing interviews with the actor who plays him, his persona is not that far off from the character ...I feel like he may be typecast in that role forever....lots of future shows and movies will have a Cousin Craig character that's always stumbles into key moments of the story....I wouldn't be mad at that.