Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: I don't know what to expect
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747683&mesg_id=748162
748162, RE: I don't know what to expect
Posted by Brew, Mon May-22-23 09:54 AM
>What is supposed to happen? Are they voting on a permanent
>CEO? They are also voting on the deal?

I'm not entirely sure on next steps either but any major decision needs to go thru the board, so they'd have to vote on the GoJo acquisition as well as any changes at the top.

>Seeing Roman break down was rough. As soon as he started
>talking I was cringing. Such contrast to his in the mirror
>speech.
>
>Do you think Ken had a speech mostly prepared or was he
>freestyling. At some point it sounded like spoken word lol

Haha I think he freestyled. It was all bullshit nonsense but it was also compelling. Typical.

I was listening to the Prestige TV podcast and one of the hosts mentioned that the dueling eulogies (Ewan v Ken) might be pulled from Caesar and that Ken hammering the "ambition is good !" which riled up the crowd was 100% Caesar-based, because at the same time the world was about to collapse around them (echoed by the protests in the streets on Succession).

>Shiv got up to try to one-up him right? That was rough.

Hm I didn't see it that way at all. For all the infighting among Ken and Shiv, they always seem to be able to put it to the side when it comes to actual family issues. This, to me, was no different. She said to him "office ?" on the way up, almost looking for his blessing to tell that story. I didn't see her standing up to speak as a move, personally.

>Ken definitely seems to keep getting better and better to take
>over as CEO. I don't know if the next episode is his final
>fall or his coronation.
>
>Will Shiv finally win or are we going to see her get played
>again?
>
>I loved this episode.