Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYea totally agree.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747683&mesg_id=748061
748061, Yea totally agree.
Posted by Brew, Thu May-11-23 10:25 AM
>I just don't like how common "lazy" has become in audience
>parlance, either. As a video game player - notably, not a
>"gamer" lol - I see that word get thrown at creative and
>talented people who accomplish things I have very little if
>any aptitude for all the time. Even if they ultimately put out
>a shit product, and I think it's shit...for me, it takes a lot
>more than "this happened a little fast for me" to feel like
>it's "lazy", right? There's only so much time to tell a story
>on this sort of scale (ie. production labor, writing labor,
>acting labor, etc.) And it just seems like a...lazy critique,
>especially when the dealer is still holding two cards from the
>river.
>
>
>When it's all said and done, maybe this bit was sloppy or
>harried or whatever. But I don't think the show has done any
>of the "get us the fuck out of here" signaling the Game of
>Thrones staff did, from writers to cast to execution over
>multiple years.

Especially with all of this. At least let the season play out before you toss out that critique. And even then, I agree, it's a little disingenuous. I'd prefer "rushed" to "lazy." Or even "unrealistic;" although even that critique is annoying because, like, it's TV.

I remember having the "unrealistic" convo during the last few eps of BCS where some people were saying they preferred BB over BCS because BCS was too unbelievable. A few of us had to remind these folks about the trunk murders lolol.

Regarding your first paragraph about final seasons, I'm basically the exact same as you. I've tried to stop myself from having these insane theories or expectations because doing that with some shows in the past always left me disappointed with the finales, even when, in hindsight, I found that those finales were *excellent*. So I'd rather just enjoy the ride and suspend my expectations and predictions, to the extent that I'm able. I just have fun with the weekly banter about it, the weekly podcasts discussing the finer points (but with a positive spin), etc. It's really helped me to appreciate the art and the writers' vision way way way more.