Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRoman is obviously the smartest of the Roy kids.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747683&mesg_id=747732
747732, Roman is obviously the smartest of the Roy kids.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Apr-03-23 10:56 AM
Kendall could've been that guy at this point, but he's far too interested in being seen as "cool" and "cutting edge"-- and he's far too obsessed with fucking over his dad at this point. Last night made that abundantly clear-- he's happy to burn the whole thing down and fuck everyone over if it means he gets to smile while his dad suffers.

Shiv is convinced she's the smartest one in the room at all times, which makes her, of course, an idiot. At least Kendall is fucking up this deal because he wants to fuck up the deal. Shiv has been sold a bag of goods, was told directly by both Roman and Logan that this will fuck up the deal, but she refuses to accept it's possible because that would mean she might be wrong.

Connor is pure fucking evil, undiluted, uncut. But he's also a boob.

Roman is clearly, when it comes to business, the best Roy kid. He seems to actually have a knack for what will work in business. He doesn't give a fuck about being liked by anyone other than his dad. He was right to not get involved with Pierce, he was right that this deal will get fucked up, he's been right more than he's been wrong. He certainly had his fuck ups and self-sabotage moments at the beginning when he thought "no one is going to ever take me seriously anyway," but he's displayed more acumen than any of the others.

He just, y'know, needs Daddy to say "I love you" way worse than the others do, lol. Which will always fuck him when it comes to stuff involving Logan.

I don't know that I'd call Roman "well-adjusted"-- his personal life hang-ups are very, very tough to watch, they've just taken a backseat on the show for a season or two now, lol-- but in terms of business sense, he's just so clearly the heir to the throne if Logan actually had any inclination to hand his business to one of his kids.