Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (Jeff Rowe, 2023)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747532
747532, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (Jeff Rowe, 2023)
Posted by bwood, Mon Mar-06-23 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZdaF2zMlM

This looks hella fun! Can't wait!
747534, I'm in!
Posted by ToeJam, Mon Mar-06-23 04:01 PM
747535, This is probably the best art style since the late 80s / early 90s joints
Posted by High Society, Mon Mar-06-23 05:49 PM
On second & third viewing, I'm really digging the art style.
It looks like there's a bit of grit to the city, I like the darker shading. Excellent choice for the 4 of them to have different teeth profiles! Mikey's got braces, Raph's got a gap.

I like the turles being voiced by kids.
I know that's not a necessity, IE: The Simpsons, don't even need males to voice males but having kids go in there and have fun voice-acting their lines will come across on the screen.
Got some heavy hitters for the older characters and villains.
Must be a good production budget behind the project.

Donnie sounds like the baby, seems like he's the one that hasn't hit puberty yet. Could be a good choice for Mikey's character since he's usually the most childish, I like having the possibility that we're gonna get a slightly different take on each of the guys.

Glad they didn't reveal any of the villains in this teaser trailer besides a quick shot of Bebop & Rock-Steady.
They should look at KOFXV rollout and highlight a new mutant villain every couple weeks till the movie drops.

I'm in!

747544, I cannot believe they're still making these.
Posted by spades, Tue Mar-07-23 11:37 AM
747567, Looks amazing
Posted by ToeJam, Fri Mar-10-23 04:41 PM
I reserved judgement on Seth Rogan producing, not knowing how well or how much he respected the original characters. But it makes sense that he could knock this out of the park. The heart of all his movies are the relationships, often friendships, between characters. And at the heart of what makes TMNT work is the brothers' relationships.

This might even be enough to wipe Michael Bay from our memories.
748741, This was excellent
Posted by bwood, Fri Jul-28-23 05:19 AM
Probably my second favorite TURTLES movie after the 1990 one.

Anyways, I saw this shit Wednesday night and had a blast. 95 minutes of pure fun. The hip-hop soundtrack mixed well with Trent and Atticus' score. The animation and voice acting are amazing. It's crazy how animation has been pushing boundaries through heartfelt, well-told stories this year. Meanwhile the 5th or 7th $300 million dollar joints feel hollow.

Anyways, can't wait to see this again in 3D.
748751, lol damn u got me hype
Posted by grey, Fri Jul-28-23 03:11 PM
watched this shit religiously with cheerios back in the day. Def gonna take the lil ones.
748753, Dawg, they play Blackstreet's "No Diggity"...
Posted by bwood, Fri Jul-28-23 03:38 PM
...over a perfect montage.

Never thought I'd ever say that about a family film.
748814, This was fantastic.
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Aug-06-23 09:43 AM
There’s a million jokes, Easter eggs, and sight gags throughout that are so damn good and probably tons I missed.

Loved this. What a good time.
748820, this does NOT need to be as good as it is
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Aug-07-23 01:14 AM

My son and I both loved this. This plays so well for parents without pandering to the point of going over the kid’s heads.

That Paul Rudd lizard is great
748877, Did you see during the credits it said "introducing Paul Rudd"?
Posted by stylez dainty, Sat Aug-19-23 01:10 AM
Got a good chuckle out of me
748856, Ice Cube was a distraction for me
Posted by Frank Mackey, Sun Aug-13-23 05:54 PM
Don’t think he was the right voice for someone trying to take the world from humans.

Splinter and the turtles were great. Jackie Chan was surprisingly effective considering he’s relied on his physical skills more so in the past. And they nailed the ‘teenageism’ of the turtles.

4 out of 5 YERRRRRSSSSSS
748913, funny you say that, this is the most I've loved Ice Cube in awhile
Posted by LES, Wed Aug-23-23 09:06 PM
I couldn't even place his voice
748922, first time in a long time his performance didnt feel phoned in
Posted by hardware, Thu Aug-24-23 01:31 PM
i didnt know he was even in the movie prior
748861, Very fun, definitely liked it
Posted by mista k5, Tue Aug-15-23 10:29 AM
Didn't feel like a rehash of previous movies. Loved the music, great animation. Definitely worth watching.
748914, You could tell the people that made this love & respect tmnt
Posted by LES, Wed Aug-23-23 09:11 PM
The most fun TMNT ever made. Had a great time watching this, contemplating seeing it again