Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Jeffersons. My takes,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747270
747270, The Jeffersons. My takes,
Posted by normal35762, Mon Jan-30-23 09:12 AM
Funny show for sure. All the way to the end. Me and my girl have it on in the background all the time and have been through the whole thing twice. Minus a few episodes. It is our go to comfort show right now.

To me it was a mixture of theater play and the dozens and stand up comedy. I can hear it in the way some of the people deliver their line that they had a theater background and I can see some of the guests came from a stand up comedy background. If that makes sense.

George was a stone cold fool. Hardcore and abrasive but had a good heart. Was about that money but will shut you down in a minute if you messed with fam or race.

I liked the way they touched on social issues for that time.

One of the dings on the show or George's character was the way he still rented an apartment when he was ballin like that. He shoulda owned some property. OKP Captainrook years ago in a great post comparing the potential income ceiling of George Jefferson, The Huxtables and Phil Banks mentioned that as a ding to George.

Florence was hilarious but she would have been fired a long time ago talkin' that ish in real life.

Bentley is hilarious! I need to look up why he was out for a few seasons.

747275, I say this in regards to Pam from Martin.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Jan-30-23 02:19 PM

>Florence was hilarious but she would have been fired a long
>time ago talkin' that ish in real life.

It’s funny, only because it’s not happening to me. Just for sake of my personality type, being constantly quipped and antagonized, I would be like “Don’t bother showing up tomorrow. We gotta part ways.”
747277, Are we sure he was renting, it could have been a condo or coop.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jan-30-23 02:41 PM
Such a great show. Such an interesting time capsule of what was on people's mind at the time.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
747278, I got the impression is was a condo.
Posted by spades, Mon Jan-30-23 05:55 PM
747283, post 5
Posted by normal35762, Tue Jan-31-23 06:31 AM
747280, I mean on the Upper East Side he had to be balling…
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Jan-30-23 07:38 PM
I always thought it was a condo/co-op building. And If I recall correctly didn’t he also appear on Fresh Prince trying to buy Uncle Phil’s house in Bel Air? Who knows what other property they owned…
747282, He was renting. He was trying to get in good with Mr. Whittendale
Posted by normal35762, Tue Jan-31-23 06:29 AM
to get his lease extended at least one time.

https://the-jeffersons.fandom.com/wiki/Episode:George_and_Whitty
747285, The Jeffersons: Entire Apartment Tour
Posted by handle, Tue Jan-31-23 10:13 AM
This lady makes recreations of TV houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafxPvjeYzE