Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI was really impressed with how they handled grief/mourning in this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=746536&mesg_id=746594
746594, I was really impressed with how they handled grief/mourning in this
Posted by pretentious username, Tue Nov-15-22 11:55 AM
They handled those topics better than any mcu project so far, even Endgame, so I rate it pretty highly for that alone. The moments that needed to breathe were given space to breathe while not grinding the story to a halt, which is what I was worried about. That grief was used to move the characters forward and allow them to grow. I loved Shuri’s evolution here.

I only noticed the long runtime when it came to the RiRi introduction. None of it was bad, but setting up a Disney+ show stuck out like a sore thumb for this movie moreso than other recent ones. Also felt weird to have an America side quest in a movie with 2 way more interesting locations already set up.

I didn’t notice the wonky CGI as much as others (I really disliked the CGI in T’Challa and Killmonger’s mine fight, so maybe I had already braced myself), but I almost laughed when they beamed up T’Challa’s casket. Holy shit, that was bad.