Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectCoogler's such a G.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=746536&mesg_id=746570
746570, Coogler's such a G.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Nov-12-22 10:46 AM
That dude is a gift.

I've rant about this in about every big MCU movie release but Coogler and the Black Panther movies are the only MCU movies that know how to get the stakes right. Like in this one you wondering who would live in die in battles (almost never happens in early phase MCU movies), you get the costs of what would happen if they lose the battle (and you feel the real distinct possibility that they will lose the battle. And you have mixed feelings about who you are rooting for (you know you were thinking, maybe just Namor what he wants).

I feel like that's all Coogler. When I read it was HIS idea to retcon to make Namor and an Indigenous Person that's pure brilliance and 100% improves on the original material. Sidebar: Sometimes the changing the race of characters can feel a little virtue signal-lingly but when it actually changes the story and adds depth to characters who otherwise lacked it, *chef's kiss*.

Yeah the movie did ALOT, could have been 3 different movies and I defer to yall about the technical CGI shortcomings.

It's definitely the SADDEST MCU movie. but it honored Boseman well. I am sorry but I couldn't help but think that if they knew he was dying, they would have found a way for killmonger to survive the last movie.

All in, it's the best MCU movie I've seen this phase.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"