Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBros (Nicolas Stoller, 2022)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=746104
746104, Bros (Nicolas Stoller, 2022)
Posted by bwood, Thu Sep-22-22 06:37 AM
Look as a straight man, this movie was funny as fuck as well as being very romantic.

I was rolling with laughter for a good majority of the film. Or being moved by the love story.

Shout out to Billy Echiner. This is one of the best written comedies I've seen in a minute.
746224, Pretty much all of this
Posted by josephmurf2384, Sun Oct-02-22 07:18 PM
I was worried he was going to some kind of life threatening disease with the injections and am glad it was literally just both of them getting over their issues and figuring out they worked together.
746785, I felt like I was being lectured the whole time
Posted by RobOne4, Tue Dec-06-22 11:14 AM
Right off the bat it starts in how the character had a hard time getting a gay romcom made and how gay and straight relationships are different and should be shown as such. Like yes we understand but we are going to complain about it in the first 15 seconds of the movie you DID get made? His character was so annoying. He kept pulling me out. It was funny and had some good romantic moments between the two. But Eichner's character irritated the hell out of me. Nothing likeable about him at all.
746809, It was good.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Dec-08-22 09:37 AM
As has been said many many times - the marketing for this movie was shit. Nobody wants to see a movie because it’s historic or the first of its kind. They want to see it because it’s GOOD…and if it IS historic then that’s a cherry on top.

And this IS a good movie - if a bit too long and meandering (I mean - was the roid rage thing really needed? Did he just stop doing his podcast?)

But very funny throughout and a well done rom com. I dig it.