Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI was all in until hack ass *redacted* shows up. Spoiler
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=746013&mesg_id=746485
746485, I was all in until hack ass *redacted* shows up. Spoiler
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Oct-29-22 08:16 PM
Spoiler

-Justin Long is just about my least favorite actor ever. So he shows up and does his typically hackneyed Justin Long bullshit, and as usual, every second he’s on screen, I can’t wait for it to end. So there’s that, and he’s a terrible choice for this. At least it wasn’t Jay Burachel.

Be plays a complete piece of shit who gets serious comeuppance in the end, so I guess there’s that.

-Bill Skarsgard is wasted in this. He does *everything* a guy shouldn’t do when he doesn’t want to be seen as creepy. I suppose it was meant to be a misdirect, but IMO it was so thick that I knew he wasn’t the bad guy.

-I LOVED Georgina Campbell, and was genuinely upset when she got thrown off the ledge.

She’s the only reason this works for me, and the true horror here was the way a woman of color was so completely dismissed that they wouldn’t even investigate her claim.

-the zombie titty momster thing was dumb as rocks. Lazy, unimaginative, and a far bigger detriment to the film than trash ass Justin Long. The scariest thing about her, is how stupid it was.

Then you have the rapey SVU torture man, who they did fuck all with.

This was engaging until Zombie Titty Momster shows up, then it becomes a campy b movie, with a brief break back into something good when Georgina’s character tries in vain to convince a couple of pigs to help her.

Overall, this was a disjointed mess. That seems to be a pattern with all these “shut off your expectations!” movies.