Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSo mediocre it was bad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=745130&mesg_id=746524
746524, So mediocre it was bad
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Nov-07-22 02:01 AM
Went in with pretty low expectations and it still underwhelmed. Nothing surprised me here. Least of all the soundtrack. Every song was the most obvious choice. I love the Rolling Stones, but there should be a moratorium on using their songs in movies for the next 30 years at least.

Cyclone and Atom Smasher were the 2 most unnecessary side characters ever. Felt like they were contractually obligated to add them in, cause they had zero personality and were not crucial to the story. They don’t even make Atom Smasher annoying enough for Hawkman’s joke about him dying to work

The Dr. Fate/Hawkman stuff was almost better than the main story. At least it didn’t need too much exposition.

This trend will never reverse, but I could do without the slow mo scenes in these movies for quite a while. It makes sense for Quicksilver and Flash, we don’t need it for every superhero, regardless of how powerful they are.

Maybe I’m just being a baby, but it was really annoying how few chances this movie took while pretending to be an “edgier” superhero movie.