Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectEvery episode in the show has done subtle linking of themes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744690&mesg_id=746555
746555, Every episode in the show has done subtle linking of themes
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Nov-11-22 06:09 AM
across the separate plot lines really well. Episode 10’s theme is sacrifice. You have Kino (with a nice push from Andor) inspiring the entire prison to rise up and escape, the entire time knowing that he wouldn’t be able to make it himself since he can’t swim.

Then in Luthen’s monologue he says “I burn my life to make a sunrise that I’ll never see…” because he knows he’s not gonna make it to the end with the rebellion overthrowing the Empire. Also that entire speech kicks off with Lonni asking him “what do you sacrifice?”

On top of that you have the Mothma scene where she’s essentially being asked to give up her daughter to be betrothed in exchange for help in funding the rebellion.

Sacrifice is also a theme of the entire show, because everything we are seeing in Andor’s story are leading up to his sacrifice on Scariff in Rogue One - getting the Death Star plans while knowing they wouldn’t be able to make it out.