Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLet me just say this. Andy Serkis deserves an Emmy nod
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744690&mesg_id=746550
746550, Let me just say this. Andy Serkis deserves an Emmy nod
Posted by soulfunk, Thu Nov-10-22 04:10 PM
based on his performance in these last three episodes and the arc he delivered with Kino Loy. And then, somehow, Stellen Skarsgard stole the show at the end of the episode with a straight up CLASSIC monologue. Perfectly written, perfectly acted.

It’s just so clear how much care has gone into this show. So much subtle things that make it feel real. Here’s an example of what I mean by subtle…when Andor and Kino get to the control room and they tell the guards to shit down the floors ALL the way off, dude’s response was “they are hydro powered, it will take months to turn them back on.” Why the eff would prisoners escaping care about the floors used to torture them being down for months???? But that response was perfectly realistic. When working a job and faced with stress, the first response would be exactly like that for some folks. Just thinking about the logistics of the request, vs. the actual intent. Then the blaster put to his head made that intent more clear.

They took their time with this show. Some of that was due to Covid and shooting over an expanded schedule. But if there’s anything I hope Disney learns from this it’s that it’s okay to take time to get this stuff RIGHT.