Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectTrue. I’m assuming though that when the floor lights are red
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744690&mesg_id=746501
746501, True. I’m assuming though that when the floor lights are red
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Nov-02-22 11:45 AM
at night, that’s also level 3, since dude killed himself by stepping on it in episode 7.

>Syril deciding that his way to revenge is to seduce Deedra is
>wild AF too.

That scene was WILD. I’ve seen people jokingly shopping Deedra and Syril before this, and honestly it might even happen. I bet she DID have something to do with his promotion and she’s just playing coy. But yeah she’s going to need him at some point in finding Cassian.

>I hope Vel don't mess things up trying to get back to Cinta.

My bad in my last post - Vel is Mothma’s cousin not sister. I’m living all of the Mothma scenes. Her husband just continues being the ultimate jerk. Asking Vel when she’d find a husband? That she needs to ant least find a widower? Exemplifies that he doesn’t know her at ALL. Meanwhile hearing Mon Mothma make moved in silence is just perfect. I’ll say this though - I wouldn’t be surprised if the subvert expectations and have it be that her husband is actually also down for the rebellion and keeping it even secret from her. He’s just so over the top with it. Maybe the daughter turns out being the true villain lol…

>The buildup is crazy though.

The build up in this show is unmatched. And it’s layers - you have scene by scene build up, in addition to episode by episode, and then even longer term things that are set up and paid off way later. The interrogation scenes starting with showing Bix’s friend last week to this week and having dude just giddy about his job in explaining it. And the genius of the torture being through headphones so we the audience can only imagine the torture of hearing these alien children’s death screams that have been isolated and filtered for maximum effect. And then not showing it, but later showing that Deedra was able to extract every element of Bix’s information back at the ISB meeting room? Just flawless perfection.

And somehow, someway, I’m STILL kinda pulling for Deedra even though she’s shown herself to be just as evil as anyone in the empire. She’s pitching ideas in the meeting room about how to best kill the rebel pilot to make it look accidental and bait the others and I’m over here like “great idea!” - because they made those scenes so relatable to trying to get ahead in the capitalist corporate world that many of us deal with in our day to day lives.