Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSorry I keep just replying to myself on this show…
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744690&mesg_id=746486
746486, Sorry I keep just replying to myself on this show…
Posted by soulfunk, Sun Oct-30-22 08:50 AM
But there’s so much that is just *chef’s kiss*…

In Episode 3 when Cassian meets Luthan on that first planet he told him to build his exit while making his entrance. Then later in Episode 5 I believe we see how much attention to detail and memory Cassian has when he on demand knows the handedness of every rebel in the heist and knows how to apply that.

Then in this episode as he’s coming into the prison, we see both of those traits come into play, without so much as a WORD from Andor. We just see him observing everything that could/May be useful for an escape. All while Diego as an actor is also showing how terrified and shocked he is at everything going on.

This escape gonna be epic. Compare that to the Kenobi show when he breaks into the fortress to break Leia out. The plan was literally hiding her in a trench coat and the imperials not noticing until the end. Again, all Star Wars doesn’t have to be like Andor, but just take the time and care to develop this stuff. Set it up, and pay it off.

Above I mentioned the back and forth in this episode. I didn’t mention another nuance between the prison scenes and Mothma’s party. At the party they are literally discussing the PORD act and debating it in a luxurious party while cutting back to the people impacted by it. You got a guy saying “you have nothing to worry about if you’re not doing anything wrong” and Mothma saying “I fear your definition of wrong.” Then you cut back to prison where Cassian is there just because a short trooper decided to be a jerk. Chef’s kiss…