Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGotta say it again. This show demands multiple rewatches.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744690&mesg_id=746483
746483, Gotta say it again. This show demands multiple rewatches.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Oct-28-22 10:11 PM
I mentioned up above how many subplots were in this episode, but it never felt like it was bouncing around. On a rewatch I noticed why - only one subplot was shown at a time while the constant was the prison plot.

At the beginning you have the main prison plot going back and forth with the ISB/Karn subplot.
Then in the middle the prison plot goes back and forth with the Mon Mothma party subplot.
Then at the end the prison plot goes back and forth with the Ferrix subplot (Bix, Andor’s mom, Vel and Cinta there waiting for Andor, Bix sending a message that Luthan receives but doesn’t answer, Bix getting caught because of that message, and Luthan shutting down the Ferrix operation and going to try pulling in Saw Gerrara.)

Subplots 1 and 3 relate directly to the main prison plot because everyone involved are all trying to find Andor, while he’s actually in an Imperial prison already. Subplot 2 with Mon Mothma also relates to the main plot but in a different way - there’s a direct contrast shown between all the luxury of Mothma’s extravagant party with the crazy views of Coruscant and the expensive wine and rich politicians with Andor’s situation having to eat out of a tube, going through a car wash shower, and having to compete with other prisoners to avoid being fried.

There’s a ton of depth I’m not even mentioning, but this deliberate structure really stood out to me on my second watch.