Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt's good. Way too fucking long.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744387&mesg_id=746788
746788, It's good. Way too fucking long.
Posted by bwood, Tue Dec-06-22 04:10 PM
Your mileage may vary on this one.

I personally liked it more than the first, but it's too fucking long for its own good.

It's cool to see Cameron with so much more money at his disposal as you can see, this nigga lost his fucking mind. I mean seriously nothing makes happier to see one of our top teir blockbuster directors remind us who he is.

The visuals, the action, and the acting are miles better across the board with exception of a new human character. And there's an actual story this time (thank God).

But it does get repetitive and it falls into the Marvel trap of setting up for all the sequels in the pipeline.

The 3D is INSANE!!! My screening this morning was in Dolby Cinema 3D and my god the sound and picture were crisp. Can't wait to see this again in IMAX 3D.

The High Frame Rate is incredible and I honestly preferred it to the stuff in 24 frames per second. It looked much smoother and the details on everything was much more life-like. Seriously, there's stuff in here that felt like I could reach out and touch.

But yeah, there's whole sections I could easily make shorter or just cut.

With that said, definitely check it out at least once in a premium format in 3D or regular 3D. This does have me mildly excited for the next one.

EDIT: I was thinking the whole time that if Cameron gets to do this with a mega-budget then I can't wait to see what Denis Villeneuve gets to do with more resources with DUNE: PART TWO.

Also, my boy said a movie this big, he wished we could've seen it in IMAX to take up a greater field of view versus the the slightly bigger Dolby screen. And he's NOT an IMAX guy.