Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis is a trademark TOKPR but I actually like The Lost World the most
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743567&mesg_id=744936
744936, This is a trademark TOKPR but I actually like The Lost World the most
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sat Jun-18-22 02:49 AM
When the original Jurassic Park came out, I was hyped. I had read the novel the movie was based on and really liked its mulling of the ethics of reanimating dinosaurs and the fallout of Man playing God.

When I saw the movie, I was disappointed. The movie touched on the ethical issues outlined in the book. But, to me, the movie seemed more effective at showing how deluded Hammond was.

The movie made the story more human, I guess, by centering the story on the kids. But the kids were annoying and unlikeable, at least to me. It was also more of a family/kids movie which at the time seemed like it sold the story short.

But some aspects are truly remarkable. The score, especially the title card and the set-piece with the T-Rex were and still are amazing.

The Lost World had more of an edge and as you said, had some really cool action sequences. In this movie, I think the point about the potential for harm a God complex can cause was sold better.