Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMan it would have been a whole different movie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743556&mesg_id=743613
743613, Man it would have been a whole different movie
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Feb-15-22 09:22 AM
It changes the movie from a horror movie to a action/suspense thriller and I think movie would have been big, but it I think a movie can only be so big as a horror movie with a downer ending.

Though it may have been a realer ending, I think it would have been just downright mean to do to a black audience (never heard an audience cheer in a movie more than the black audience in BK when Lil' Rell pulled up).

Its funny because in one of the commentaries JP says that he begun making the movie in the Feel Good Obama era and he felt the original downer ending was necessary to remind people that racism is still real but the movie ended up coming out after Trump won and felt like there wasn't a need to make that point as much and felt the audience could use a win and that was part of the reason he changed it. I think that assessment is right.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"