Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Helen was pretty fucked up this season
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743410&mesg_id=743511
743511, RE: Helen was pretty fucked up this season
Posted by Brew, Sat Feb-05-22 12:11 AM
>the way she leveraged the Ben thing to the point she could
>use getting legitimately super upset when talking about him.
>that's hella twisted.

It was definitely twisted. I was sort of bothered by that too early on. It all felt so ... soulless and gross. Which it is. But the more I think/thought about it the more I appreciated the way her arc was written this season because I feel like it was all a defense mechanism to try and suppress the way she really feels about what they did. And I feel like that notion was further cemented by the fact that Helen and Marty's disconnect this season was so obvious. Ben wasn't his brother and they clearly never had a super close relationship; plus, Marty's general disposition is practicality and calmness in regard to literally anything, so as appalling as it was, I thought Helen's arc actually made a lot of sense. Fight or flight.

>That investigator guy is annoying as hell

Annoying for sure if you're looking at it from the family's perspective but that dude was hilarious and a great addition to the season IMO. Just such a headache of a presence and the actor played that part perfectly. I laughed out loud at like 70% of his scenes. His understated, subtle annoyance just hit me in the funny bone for some reason.

>Javi was a great addition as this season's big bad. I was
>never crazy about the Omar casting. The whole "deal" felt kind
>of abrupt tho

Agreed. Whenever we first saw Omar on the show I was like, wait, this is Mexico's top drug kingpin ?! I never bought that casting. I think he was way more compelling this season, but agree that Javi was a far better villain and was cast way better.

>fuck any of you Ruth haters out there lol

Yep.