Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFirst episode was FIRE…
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743080&mesg_id=743133
743133, First episode was FIRE…
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Dec-29-21 10:20 AM
I love how they are using bacta tank dreams for flashbacks, can definitely see that continuing throughout the series with flashbacks from all kinds of eras. That quick shot of Kamino looked great, I hope we see more.

The story in the present time is starting off strong - there’s a lot of places they can take this. Obviously the mayor is going to be a problem. He might be bold because he’s backed by other criminal syndicates off world. Maybe the Black Sun, Crimson Dawn, or the Pikes? Also the Twilek running that cantina was obviously in on the hit that happened in the streets - loading up their helmets with credits so they wouldn’t be able to use…

My one potential nitpick issue is that this seems tonally VERY similar to The Mandalorian. I’m sure there’s a specific story they want to tell, but I hope Fett is more of a conflicted antihero in those vs a guy with a dark past who turns good because of his moral code - I feel like this show (and the lead characters) need to be differentiated more, especially seeing that I expect Mandalorian to continue without Grogu as a main character (I don’t expect to see Z Grogu again until the series finale). But I’m excited about watching this show!