Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI think this season is the worst of the 3 but was still great.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=742351&mesg_id=742872
742872, I think this season is the worst of the 3 but was still great.
Posted by Brew, Mon Dec-13-21 02:59 PM
I think folks are overstating the circular nature of it. I mean the entire premise of the show is based on ... a succession plan so of course it's gonna feel a little redundant to some extent. But I think they've done a nice job of mixing up the attempted coups and all the various storylines and relationships among the characters and factions.

I also think we need to be willing to cut the writers and production team some slack in terms of how this season fares in comparison with the first two seasons, as it's well documented that production was slowed due to the pandemic. So even if I feel like some loose ends weren't tied up well, or the storytelling was a little sloppier than we're used to from this show, that they still stuck the landing and have a lot of ammo going into next season and beyond.

But beyond the pandemic aspect, I just don't really understand what people expect other than what we've gotten from this show. I have gripes with the DOJ storyline as well, as well as how quickly the Matsson storyline came into play seemingly out of nowhere, but again I think that type of sloppiness can be attributed to the pandemic as opposed to a knock on the writers and production team(s).

Anyway I thought they nailed the ending and am excited to see where they take it from here. And of course the acting has been terrific all around.