Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: It was always bound to end this way for Roman, really. (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=742351&mesg_id=742800
742800, RE: It was always bound to end this way for Roman, really. (spoilers)
Posted by dgonsh, Tue Dec-07-21 04:43 PM
i think kendall does the podcast to confess and implicate logan.

when comfry casually mentioned the podcast about the sad waiters death, kendall stalls and looks scared and says "keep tabs on that" or whatever. he plays it like he's scared, but i see it as Kendall seeing an opportunity. He gives his Dad one last chance by inviting him to dinner and testing him to see if he'll buy him out like Roman offered at his 40th. Logan not only laughs that that was a joke to fuck with him, but then he lets his grandson potentially eat poisoned ravioli, mocks kendall for being an idiot, then humiliates him over the waiters death just to pour salt on the wound.

Kendall is done with his family. He wants blood. He knows he cant win "the right way" like he tried in the S02 finale and the first few eps of this season. So he has one card to play. Come clean publicly, and take down his dad, sinking the company value and letting Mattson buy a depressed asset, thus crushing his families power, the one thing they care more about than money.

I also think he and Mattson have been playing Waystar the whole time. Mattson was in the 40th bday treehouse. Kendall knew roman/shiv would show up just to get to Mattson. He staged banning them from the tree house only to conveniently let Roman in. I think Kendall and Mattson orchestrated the tweets to pump their value to a "partnership of equals" or whatever that was called, and crushing Logan will give Mattson the final upper hand.

Just some theories. No way Kendall is (currently) dead in the pool