Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMannn I tried, I really did - I just can't do dragons bruh haha.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=742351&mesg_id=742760
742760, Mannn I tried, I really did - I just can't do dragons bruh haha.
Posted by Brew, Fri Dec-03-21 12:12 AM
Science fiction stuff in general just does nothing at all for me, and never really has no matter how hard I've tried.

So because of that, I never really had any interest in GoT from the beginning. Eventually tho, several likeminded, anti-sci-fi friends convinced me that it was so good that I'd be able to overlook the dragon stuff.

So, fine. My wife (who's like me in that regard) and I decided to give it a go a few months before that final season so we could take part in the cultural nerdom. Our collective skepticism prevented both of us from really getting into it for the first few episodes. But about midway thru season 1 I was just about all in on the familial backstories as well as being suuuuper into the storylines about the north and south and the land disputes, and the history and all of that. I really wanted to know where all that was going. My wife tho, for her part, was still bored with it lol.

So by the time we were about to watch the final episode of that season I was like, damn this *is* cool, I'll finish with or without you lol. Then I watched the final episode and ....................... fuckin dragons. It literally ended with a cliffhander of sorts about dragons.

OUT ! Haven't gone back to it or missed it since.

Maybe I'm being too stubborn haha but that type of shit has always been a dealbreaker for me, even when I actively try to ignore it/not be annoyed by it.