Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFuck him. Connor is a special embodiement of evil IMO
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=742351&mesg_id=742707
742707, Fuck him. Connor is a special embodiement of evil IMO
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-30-21 05:06 AM
In the show, he's essentially the town fool, so I'm guessing he's more or less a benign presence in this world.

But he represents a particular brand of privileged, libertarian scum that is, IMO, more insidious than anything anyone else on this show portrays.

I'm sure his delusions of grandeur come from a wounded place, but he's the one person who hasn't shown any redemptive qualities. The rest of this horrible family have displayed at least some likeable quality somewhere along the line.

Even Roman's American Psycho Lite act is interwoven with a certain sardonic charm, and the odd, momentary, savant-like display of intelligence and competency.

But Connor really doesn't have any of that. There have been a couple references to some dark shit that happened with his mom, and while that makes him somewhat of an empathetic character, I can't think of anything about him that makes him even slightly endearing.